Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Win, Place, Show

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a jockey.

I have no idea where I got that idea from... I guess because I liked horses. Or maybe it came from the fact that when Dad got roped into spending "Quality Time" with the kids he would take us to the track...?

Well, the whole jockey thing didn't pan out.
I grew up and became a commercial agent instead. Duh.
(I happen to be pretty damn good at playing the ponies. Thanks, Dad!)

I am also pretty damn good at commercial agenting. Hell yeah, I'll admit it!
I'm a self-confessed workaholic with a trail of ex-friends, lovers, therapists and stomach issues to show for it. The only other people that seem to understand this rollercoaster career are other agents. How they make their relationships work? I'll never know.

One thing I have a lot of though? Experience. So if I can help, educate or entertain people out there with some of my stories and advice?

Why the hell not? My family and friends are tired of listening to me.
















No comments:

Post a Comment